This colourful meal from Angela Gourlay is bursting with nutrients and flavour from the beetroot, tomato, seeds and leaves while the fish will ensure you get enough protein and healthy fats.
The halibut provides protein, omega 3, selenium, potassium, phosphorus, copper and choline. The hemp seeds provide omega 3, zinc, manganese, copper and B1. The lettuce provides iron, vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin A and folate.
“One of my absolute favourite lunches. Alaskan halibut is a mild-tasting, meaty fish that is one of my family’s favourite and it’s great on top of a salad. This is a easy meal to assemble if you have some leftover fish that you want to use up the next day. Also, I like to buy pre-packaged cooked beets to keep in the fridge and add to my salads.”Angela Gourlay
One serving provides 430 calories, 47 g of protein, 20 grams of fat and 15 g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
|Lettuce, Mixed Greens||100||g|
|Cilantro, Leaves, Raw||5||g|
- Prepare your fresh halibut with some salt and pepper or favourite spice blend and steam the fish until cooked. Set aside.
- On a plate, assemble your mixed greens watercress and cilantro on a large plate
- Reserve a small amount of watercress and cilantro to blend with a little water, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and chop up the cooked beets into bite-sized pieces to place on top of your greens. You can chop up the dill pickles and add to the salad for a nice, salty crunch or serve the pickles on the side.
- Sprinkle the salad with hemp and sunflower seeds.
- Add your fish to the centre of your salad and drizzle with the watercress & cilantro sauce.
How Can I Calculate My Nutrient Intake?
If you’re interested in checking if you’re getting just enough dietary phosphorus, you can check your nutrient profile using our Free 7-Day Nutrient Clarity Challenge.
Level Up Your Nutrient Density
To help you level up your nutrient density, we’ve prepared a Nutritional Optimisation Starter Pack to ensure you are getting plenty of all the essential nutrients from the food you eat every day.
The free starter pack includes:
- Maximum Nutrient Density Food List
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Recipe Book
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Meal Plan.
To get started today, all you have to do is join our new Optimising Nutrition Group here.
Once you join, you will find the Nutritional Optimisation starter pack in the discovery section here.