This green omelette is a great way to get some extra spinach into your omelette by blending it into the egg mix! If you don’t love spinach this is a great way to ‘hide’ it.
This recipe provides a great micronutrient profile. Egg whites add more bioavailable protein, selenium and vitamin B2 while broccoli and spinach add folate, vitamins A, vitamin C, vitamin E and vitamin K1 and a range of minerals.
One serve provides 230 calories, 29 g protein, 10 g fat and 3 g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 50 g (1.75 oz) spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 2 whole eggs
- 150 g (5.3 oz) liquid egg whites
- A scant amount of olive oil spray or preferred fat
- A dollop of sugar-free chilli sauce (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Add liquid egg whites and whole eggs with spinach and mix in a blender.
- Heat an omelette pan on medium heat, add the olive oil spray or preferred fat.
- Pour in the egg mixture and let cook slowly. Once cooked, flip one side over the other and slide onto a plate.
- Add sugar-free sweet chilli sauce and salt & pepper to taste.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
- fat loss
- maximum nutrient density
- high protein:energy ratio
- low carb vegetarian
- egg & dairy-free
- athletes & bulking
How Can I Calculate My Nutrient Intake?
If you’re interested in checking if you’re getting just enough dietary phosphorus, you can check your nutrient profile using our Free 7-Day Nutrient Clarity Challenge.
Level Up Your Nutrient Density
To help you level up your nutrient density, we’ve prepared a Nutritional Optimisation Starter Pack to ensure you are getting plenty of all the essential nutrients from the food you eat every day.
The free starter pack includes:
- Maximum Nutrient Density Food List
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Recipe Book
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Meal Plan.
To get started today, all you have to do is join our new Optimising Nutrition Group here.
Once you join, you will find the Nutritional Optimisation starter pack in the discovery section here.