We designed this recipe for the unique needs of people on a low oxalate diet who need to avoid some of the more nutrient-dense veggies while maximising nutrient density as much as possible.
The lamb thigh is the centrepiece of this recipe, providing the majority of the energy, a solid dose of bioavailable protein, choline, phosphorus, selenium, and zinc. The luxurious halloumi and yogurt provide more protein and calcium.
One serve provides 760 calories, 63 g protein, 53 g fat, 5 g net carbs and P:E = 1.1.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- Four lamb patties (100 g or 14 oz)
- 2–4 slices (100 g or 3.5 oz) of halloumi
- Two baby cos lettuce leaves
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- 100 g (3.5 oz) low-fat Greek yoghurt
- 100 g (3.5 oz) cucumber, grated or shaved
- One clove garlic, crushed
- Juice and zest of half a lemon
- A spring of fresh mint, stalk removed and leaves finely chopped
- Salt and pepper (omit pepper for AIP)
- In a bowl, mix all the Tzatziki ingredients.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. When ready, add the lamb patties and fry on both sides until cooked to your liking. Remove from the frying pan and rest.
- Add the halloumi to the frying pan and fry both sides until golden, set aside.
- Place the lettuce leaves on a plate and top with burgers and halloumi, spoon on the tzatziki.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, add extra lemon wedges to serve.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
- fat loss
- blood sugar & fat loss
- high protein:energy ratio
- low oxalate
- low FODMAP
Take your nutrition to the next level with Nutrient Optimiser and get your free food list and more recipes based on your goals. We designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the ultimate tool to dial in both your macronutrients and micronutrients.
Our recipe database contains over five hundred recipes to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. After you have tracked your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify foods that correct macro and micro deficiencies in your diet.