This recipe gives broccoli an Asian twist with ginger and tamari.
Broccoli is a super nutritious non-starchy vegetable that will give you plenty of vitamin A, B5, B6, C and K, along with folate, choline and potassium.
Meanwhile, sesame seeds add some copper, iron, and magnesium and while the ginger, garlic and tamari provide a flavour punch that will make your family fall in love with broccoli again.
One serve provides 120 calories, 5 g protein, 8 g fat and 6 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 broccoli head about 400g, cut into bite-size florets
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and chopped finely
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- Prepare the broccoli and ginger, peel the cloves of garlic.
- Melt coconut oil in a medium-sized frypan on high heat.
- Add the ginger and broccoli and stir.
- Add the sesame oil and stir.
- Crush in the garlic and stir.
- Add the tamarin and stir.
- Add in the sesame seeds and stir.
- Cook for 1 – 2 mins (i.e. not for too long as it’s nice when the broccoli is still crunchy).
Find more recipes to suit your goal.