Garlicky Mushroom Brekkie Bowl
The avocado is the centrepiece of this tasty plant-based brekkie bowl, providing most of the energy from monounsaturated fat.
The generous serving of mushroom packs a lot of nutrients in with very few calories and will provide you with a mega-dose of vitamins B2, B3, B5, B6, folate, copper, iron, phosphorus, potassium, selenium and zinc. The tomato fills in vitamins C and A and the garlic boosts the calcium and manganese.
One serve provides 240 calories, 10 g protein, 13 g fat and 19 g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 2 large field (approx. 200 g) mushrooms
- 50 g shallot, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1 large tomato (approx 100 g), quartered
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 an avocado
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Place mushrooms, shallots and tomatoes on a baking tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle over the sliced garlic, chopped sage, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Plate up with the avocado and enjoy!
Find more recipes to suit your goal.