The avocado is the centrepiece of this tasty plant-based brekkie bowl, providing most of the energy from monounsaturated fat.
The generous serving of mushroom packs a lot of nutrients in with very few calories and will provide you with a mega-dose of vitamins B2, B3, B5, B6, folate, copper, iron, phosphorus, potassium, selenium and zinc. The tomato fills in vitamins C and A and the garlic boosts the calcium and manganese.
One serve provides 240 calories, 10 g protein, 13 g fat, 19 g of net carbs and P:E = 0.3.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 2 large field (approx. 200 g) mushrooms
- 50 g shallot, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1 large tomato (approx 100 g), quartered
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 an avocado
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Place mushrooms, shallots and tomatoes on a baking tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle over the sliced garlic, chopped sage, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Plate up with the avocado and enjoy!
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
- maximum nutrient density
- low carb vegetarian
- plant based vegan
- dairy free
- egg free
- gluten free
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.