Garlic and chilli prawns
Prawns are a nutrient-dense source of protein and provide a super dose of vitamin B6, choline, calcium, copper, phosphorus and zinc.
The greens round out the nutrient profile adding folate, vitamin A, vitamin K, iron, magnesium, manganese and potassium.
This is a versatile meal that will be helpful if you want to lose fat while still getting the nutrients you need with minimal hunger.
One serve provides 420 calories, 65 g protein, 15 g fat and 7 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 250 g prawns/shrimp
- 150 g spinach, washed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Juice & zest from 1 lemon
- Fresh parsley to sprinkle
- Add olive oil to a frypan and heat the pan to a medium/high heat.
- Add prawns and cook until they start going pink.
- Turn prawns and add in the garlic, chilli and lemon zest. Cook another two minutes until all pink.
- Add spinach and lemon juice and stir through the prawns, so the spinach gets coated in all the lovely flavours.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.