French onion soup with gouda
Smoked gouda cheese works well with the strong flavours of this classic French soup. This is a great low carb or keto snack that will keep your blood sugars stable and warm on a winter’s evening with the family. The tasty gouda cheese provides most of the energy and protein in this recipe along with a solid dose of calcium, phosphorus and zinc. The nutritional yeast adds to the cheesy flavour and adds a range of B vitamins.
This recipe provides 240 calories, 17 g of protein, 13 g of fat and 14 g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 celery, finely sliced
- 1 cup beef stock or broth
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1tsp nutritional yeast
- 30g gouda cheese, grated
- Heat a pot on medium heat and add butter.
- When butter is melted add the onions, celery and garlic and cook till soft.
- Add the stock and the yeast and cook for 30 minutes on low.
- Put in a serving bowl and add cheese on top.
- blood sugar & diabetes
The ranking of this recipe is shown below. Click the links to see the highest-ranking recipes for each goal.