Fish & Seafood Stew
This tasty stew with salmon, mussels, prawns and snapper is incredibly nutrient-dense.
The seafood provides plenty of bioavailable protein, omega 3, potassium, copper, selenium, choline and vitamins B3, B5, B6, B12, D and E. A little bit of spinach fills in vitamin A and K1 while the other ingredients combine to create a super healthy taste sensation.
One serve provides 450 calories, 61 g protein, 15 g fat and 15 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- A scant amount of olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2.5 cm (1 inch) of fresh ginger, peeled and finely diced
- 1 small chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup stock (fish, chicken or vegetable)
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 150 g salmon filet, diced large cubes
- 200 g snapper filet, diced large cubes
- 8 raw prawns, in the shell or peeled
- 6 fresh mussels, cleaned in shells (discard any that are open before cooking, and closed after cooking)
- 30 g spinach
- 1 large tomato, deseeded and diced
- A few sprigs of coriander/cilantro for garnish
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 tsp fish roe (optional)
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat, add the olive oil, onion, garlic, ginger, chilli, lime zest, paprika, and ground cumin. Sauté until soft.
- Add the stock, coconut milk and bring to the boil. Turn the heat down low.
- Add the snapper, salmon, mussels, prawns and cover with a lid, and simmer for 3 – 5 minutes. The mussels should all open, discard any that do not open.
- Add the spinach and gently stir through, so the soup wilts it but you do not break up the fish.
- Garnish with chopped tomato, coriander and squeeze over the lime juice.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
- fat loss
- maximum nutrient density
- blood sugar & fat loss
- high protein:energy ratio
- egg & dairy-free
- cancer (weight loss & nutrient density)
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.