This is a simple lunch that you can use at home or work. Prepare your salads on the weekend store in the fridge for an easy and healthy lunch every day.
Mackerel provides plenty of protein, zinc, selenium, phosphorus, calcium, choline, B12, niacin and B6. Spinach boosts the manganese, magnesium, iron, K, A, folate. Mushrooms provide copper and B5, and the tomato provides vitamin C and potassium.
While this recipe uses mackerel, you can use canned tuna, sardines or your preferred fish. Mix and match your salad based on your preferences and availability.
One serve provides 280 calories, 28 g protein, 11 g fat, 15 g of net carbs and P:E = 1.4.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 95 g mackerel, canned, drained
- 50 g spinach, raw
- 1 large tomato, red, raw, sliced
- 1/3 red pepper, raw, sliced
- 1/2 small cucumber, sliced
- 8 snow peas, raw, sliced
- 10 black olives
- 1 tbsp JalapeÃ±os
- 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and slice vegetables and leaves into bite-sized salad pieces.
- Place into sealable containers (if making for later) or place in a bowl if eating immediately.
- Add fish or seafood on top.
- Squeeze lemon juice over.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
- maximum nutrient density
- nutrient-dense maintenance
- fat loss
- blood sugar & fat loss
- athletes & bulking
How Can I Calculate My Nutrient Intake?
If you’re interested in checking if you’re getting just enough dietary phosphorus, you can check your nutrient profile using our Free 7-Day Nutrient Clarity Challenge.
Level Up Your Nutrient Density
To help you level up your nutrient density, we’ve prepared a Nutritional Optimisation Starter Pack to ensure you are getting plenty of all the essential nutrients from the food you eat every day.
The free starter pack includes:
- Maximum Nutrient Density Food List
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Recipe Book
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Meal Plan.
To get started today, all you have to do is join our new Optimising Nutrition Group here.
Once you join, you will find the Nutritional Optimisation starter pack in the discovery section here.