This is a simple lunch that you can use at home or work. Prepare your salads on the weekend and store them in the fridge for an easy and healthy daily lunch.
Mackerel provides plenty of protein, zinc, selenium, phosphorus, calcium, choline, B12, niacin and B6. Spinach boosts the manganese, magnesium, iron, K, A, and folate. Mushrooms provide copper and B5, and tomato provides vitamin C and potassium.
While this recipe uses mackerel, you can use canned tuna, sardines or your preferred fish. Mix and match your salad based on your preferences and availability.
- Diet Quality Score = 98%
- Satiety Index Score = 95%
- Protein = 47%
- P:E ratio = 1.4
One serve provides 280 calories, 28 g protein, 11 g fat and 15 g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 95 g mackerel, canned, drained
- 50 g spinach, raw
- 1 large tomato, red, raw, sliced
- 1/3 red pepper, raw, sliced
- 1/2 small cucumber, sliced
- 8 snow peas, raw, sliced
- 10 black olives
- 1 tbsp Jalapenos
- 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and slice vegetables and leaves into bite-sized salad pieces.
- Place into sealable containers (if making for later) or place in a bowl if eating immediately.
- Add fish or seafood on top.
- Squeeze lemon juice over.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.