This recipe contains a blend of plant and animal-based foods to maximise the micronutrient profile, demonstrating that nutrient-dense meals both look and taste amazing! This meal provides the nutrients you need to thrive and prevent cravings.
The spinach, chard, asparagus and mushrooms give a solid dose of potassium, magnesium, folate, copper, vitamin A and vitamin K. The bell peppers boost vitamin C. Eggs provide choline and phosphorus and bioavailable protein.
This incredibly nutrient-dense recipe was created by Angela Gourlay who won the Nutrient Density Challenge after six months of designing her meals to balance all the micronutrients. She also lost a ton of weight in the process.
“This is a very filling breakfast and keeps me going throughout the day. The saltiness of the ham and sriracha goes well with the cooked greens and vegetables. I like to steam my eggs slightly so the yolks are still runny. It is easy to prepare if you do a little advance work on your meal prep day. As a working mom with two young children, I like to keep cooked vegetables/meat in my fridge for easy meal preparation throughout the workweek.”
One serving provides 270 calories, 28 g of protein, 13 g of fat and 18 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 100 g spinach, washed
- 1/2 cup collards, washed and chopped
- 1 cup chard, washed and chopped
- 75 g asparagus, chopped
- 75 g mushrooms, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 20 g red bell peppers, diced
- 50 g ham
- 1 tsp hot chilli sauce
- Place spinach, chard, collards, mushrooms and asparagus in a microwave-proof bowl, cover and cook for 2 minutes on high.
- Make two wells and crack in the eggs, cover and cook for a further 1 – 3 minutes or until your eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Sprinkle over the peppers and serve with ham and chilli sauce.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.