Egg salad is a great keto staple, with plenty of fat from the olive oil, eggs and mayo.
The onion and cucumber add texture while the greens boost your vitamins and minerals.
The eggs provide the majority of the calories, along with protein, choline, B2, B5 and selenium. The greens boost potassium, folate and vitamins A, C and K.
One serve provides 400 calories, 14 g protein, 36 g fat and 5 g net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 40 g leafy greens and cress, washed and chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 40 g cucumber, diced
- Juice of half a lemon or tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Place eggs in a bowl with the mayonnaise and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Use a fork to mash the eggs and mix with the mayo.
- Place salad leaves and spring onion in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice (or vinegar), sprinkle with salt & pepper and toss till coated.
- Plate up the leaves and top with the egg mixture.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.