Egg salad is a great keto staple, with plenty of fat from the olive oil, eggs and mayo.
The onion and cucumber add texture while the greens boost your vitamins and minerals.
The eggs provide the majority of the calories, along with protein, choline, B2, B5 and selenium. The greens boost potassium, folate and vitamins A, C and K.
One serve provides 400 calories, 14 g protein, 36 g fat, 5 g net carbs and P:E = 0.3.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 40 g leafy greens and cress, washed and chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 40 g cucumber, diced
- Juice of half a lemon or tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Place eggs in a bowl with the mayonnaise and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Use a fork to mash the eggs and mix with the mayo.
- Place salad leaves and spring onion in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice (or vinegar), sprinkle with salt & pepper and toss till coated.
- Plate up the leaves and top with the egg mixture.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
- nutrient-dense maintenance
- low carb & blood sugar
- athletes & bulking
- nutrient-dense vegetarian
- low carb vegetarian
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.