Egg salad is a great keto staple, with plenty of fat from the olive oil, eggs and mayo.
The onion and cucumber add texture, while the greens boost your vitamins and minerals.
The greens boost potassium, folate and vitamins A, C and K.
One serve provides 400 calories, 14 g protein, 36 g fat, 5 g net carbs and P:E = 0.3.
- 40 g leafy greens and cress, washed and chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 40 g cucumber, diced
- Juice of half a lemon or tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Place eggs in a bowl with the mayonnaise and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Use a fork to mash the eggs and mix with the mayo.
- Place salad leaves and spring onion in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice (or vinegar), sprinkle with salt & pepper and toss till coated.
- Plate up the leaves and top with the egg mixture.