This deceptively simple-looking little recipe packs an amazing nutritional punch across the board.
Eggs provide bioavailable protein, choline, selenium and vitamin B5. Mushrooms add B2, B3, copper and zinc. Bok choy and asparagus add vitamin A, B6, C, folate, manganese and potassium while the cottage cheese fills in the calcium and fills in the flavour and texture profile.
One serve provides 288 calories, 23 g protein, 15 g fat and 12 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 2 eggs, cooked
- 1 tsp butter or preferred fat
- 1 cup mushrooms, halved
- 1 head bok choy, chopped
- 10 asparagus spears, halved
- 2 tbsp cottage cheese
- Sautee the mushrooms in a pan with the butter or scant amount of preferred fat.
- Place the asparagus and bok choy in a microwave-proof bowl with a lid, add a dash of water and cook for 3 approx minutes, or alternatively place in a steamer and steam over a pot of boiling water till cooked but still with a bit of crunch.
- Plate your food and serve with cottage cheese for added texture and creaminess.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.