This deceptively simple-looking little recipe packs an amazing nutritional punch.
Eggs provide bioavailable protein, choline, selenium and vitamin B5. Mushrooms add vitamins B2 and B3, copper and zinc.
Bok choy and asparagus add vitamins A, B6 and C, folate, manganese and potassium while the cottage cheese fills in the calcium and fills in the flavour and texture profile.
One serve provides 288 calories, 23 g protein, 15 g fat, 12 g of net carbs and P:E = 0.9.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 2 eggs, cooked
- 1 tsp butter or preferred fat
- 1 cup (150 g/5.25 oz) mushrooms, halved
- 1 head bok choy, chopped
- 10 asparagus spears, halved
- 2 tbsp cottage cheese
- Sautee the mushrooms in a pan with the butter or scant amount of preferred fat.
- Place the asparagus and bok choy in a microwave-proof bowl with a lid, add a dash of water and cook for approx 3 minutes, or alternatively place in a steamer and steam over a pot of boiling water till cooked but still with a bit of crunch.
- Plate your food and serve with cottage cheese for added texture and creaminess.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
- fat loss
- maximum nutrient density
- low carb & blood sugar
- blood sugar & fat loss
- low carb vegetarian
- cancer (weight loss & nutrient density)
- low oxalate
How Can I Calculate My Nutrient Intake?
If you’re interested in checking if you’re getting just enough dietary phosphorus, you can check your nutrient profile using our Free 7-Day Nutrient Clarity Challenge.
Level Up Your Nutrient Density
To help you level up your nutrient density, we’ve prepared a Nutritional Optimisation Starter Pack to ensure you are getting plenty of all the essential nutrients from the food you eat every day.
The free starter pack includes:
- Maximum Nutrient Density Food List
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Recipe Book
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Meal Plan.