This ‘bread’ recipe is packed with nutrients from seeds and eggs to provide a great bread alternative that will keep your blood sugars stable.
Eggs provide protein and choline. The seeds provide protein as well as copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus and vitamin B1.
One slice provides 289 calories, 10.5 g protein, 25.5 g fat, 2.9 g of net carbs and P:E = 0.4.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
Makes 15 slices
- 100 g (3.5 oz) almonds, ground
- 100 g (3.5 oz) linseed, ground
- 100 g (3.5 oz) pumpkin seeds
- 100 g (3.5 oz) walnuts
- 100 g (3.5 oz) sunflower seeds
- 50 g (1.75 oz) sesame seeds
- 50 g (1.75 oz) chia seeds
- 2 tsp salt
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 5 medium eggs
- Preheat oven to 160°C/320°F.
- Grease or line a 10 x 20 cm loaf tin with oil or baking paper.
- Combine all the nuts and seeds in a bowl and stir.
- If you want a smoother textured bread, then grind in a food processor until it resembles flour.
- Add eggs and oil to your mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into the tin.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- Leave to cool before you cut.
- Stores well in the freezer. Cut into slices, freeze, and toast from frozen as required.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
- nutrient-dense maintenance
- blood sugar & fat loss
- low carb & blood sugar
- athletes & bulking
- nutrient-dense vegetarian
- low carb vegetarian
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.