Congratulations to the Nutritional Optimisation Masterclass (July 2020) Graduates!
Congratulations to the Nutritional Optimisation Masterclass July 2020 graduates who achieved some AMAZING results in only six weeks in terms of:
- weight loss,
- fat loss,
- muscle gain, and
- nutrient density!
We’re so proud of what you’ve accomplished and wanted to share some highlights.
Michael topped the weight loss charts with a super impressive 25 lbs weight loss (11.4 kg) in six weeks.
Bobbi lost 13 lbs or 6 kg at 1.45% per week.
Meanwhile, Anne lost 15.8 lb or 7.2 kg at a rate of 1.35% per week!
But even more important than scale weight is fat loss.
Michael dropped 19 lb or 8.6 kg of body fat at 4.4% per week!!!
Frank (who also topped the nutrient density leaderboard) dropped 4 kg or 9 lb body fat.
And Sue dropped 4.3 kg of 9.5 lb of body fat at a rate of 2.6 % per week while gaining lean mass after starting some bodyweight resistance training at 70!
Lean mass gain
Even MORE exciting than fat loss, we saw some solid gains in lean mass (which is critical to metabolic health) as people lost weight as they dialled in their macro and micro nutrients. Among them was Candice increased her lean mass by 6.8% over six weeks!
But the secret sauce of the masterclass is not simply macros or restricting calories.
A focus on nutrient-dense foods enables us to get more of the nutrients we need with less energy. Once we find new foods and meals that we enjoy and provide higher nutrient density and satiety, we can achieve sustainable weight loss and improved energy levels with fewer cravings.
Camilla, who topped the leaderboard for the first two masterclasses, was pipped at the post by Frank with his super system for optimising nutrient density!
Based on their current diet, Nutrient Optimiser provides food and meal recommendations to fill in the nutrient gaps to ensure Optimisers achieve a truly balanced diet at a macro and micronutrient level. Rather than focusing on restricting calories and deprivation, we love seeing participants ‘get it’ as their focus turns to nourish their body with the nutrients they need more of.
The Optimal Nutrient Intake Score is essentially the area to the left of the 100% line in the nutrient fingerprint charts as shown in Frank’s example below.
What is the Nutritional Optimisation Masterclass anyway?
The Nutritional Optimisation Masterclass is a six-week intensive course that steps you through the process of optimising both your macro and micronutrients, in theory, and practice.
The Masterclass aims to give Optimisers the knowledge and support to find the foods and meals they enjoy and will enable them to continue to move towards their goal through the six weeks and beyond.
- Week 1 – Optimisers establish their baseline to understand their macro and micronutrient intake.
- Week 2 – Optimisers work to ensure they are getting adequate protein (which aligns closely with satiety and nutrient density).
- Week 3 – Optimisers find their carbohydrate tolerance using their blood sugars as a guide.
- Week 4 – Optimisers dial in their fat intake to ensure they were moving towards their goals.
- Week 5 – Optimisers started to focus on refining their food choices to ensure they were achieving the minimum nutrient intake levels to prevent diseases of deficiency.
- Week 6 – Optimisers level up to move towards the optimal nutrient intakes to ensure they were getting all the essential nutrients they required without excessive calories.
To help them on their journey, optimisers received:
- A 100-page Masterclass Nutritional Optimisation Manual,
- An electronic Masterclass Workbook to record progress and self-reflections,
- A Smart Macros Tracking Spreadsheet which provides personalised guidance based on changes in body weight, body fat and blood sugars each week,
- Access to the Nutrient Optimiser Platform which gave them personalised food recommendations that aligned with their goals, symptoms, conditions and prioritised the nutrients that they were finding harder to obtain from their diet, and
- Access to a private Facebook Group where they could ask questions and tune into weekly interactive Facebook Lives.
The Masterclass content is drip-fed with daily posts to step through the program in bite-sized chunks.
Want to be part of the next masterclass?
You can join in the next Six Week Nutritional Optimisation Masterclass which will be commencing Saturday 22 August 2020. Sign up here to get the early bird discount! We can’t wait to see what will happen on your journey towards nutritional optimisation!