Congratulations to the Nutritional Optimisation Masterclass Graduates!
Congratulations to the fantastic Nutritional Optimisation Masterclass graduates who achieved so many AMAZING results in terms of:
- weight loss,
- fat loss,
- blood sugar improvements, and
- nutrient density!
We’re so proud of what you’ve accomplished in just six weeks!
What is the Nutritional Optimisation Masterclass anyway?
The Nutritional Optimisation Masterclass is a six-week intensive course that steps you through the process of optimising both your macro and micronutrients, in theory and practice.
The goal of the masterclass is to give optimisers (i.e. participants in the masterclass) the knowledge and support to find the foods and meals they enjoy and will enable them to continue to move towards their goal through the six weeks and beyond.
- In week 1, optimisers established their baseline to understand their macro and micronutrient intake.
- In week 2, optimisers worked to ensure they were getting adequate protein (which aligns closely with satiety and nutrient density).
- In week 3, optimisers found their carbohydrate tolerance using their blood sugars as a guide.
- In week 4, optimisers dialled in their fat intake to ensure they were moving towards their goals.
- In week 5, optimisers started to focus on refining their food choices to ensure they were achieving the minimum nutrient intake levels to prevent diseases of deficiency.
- Finally, in week 6, optimisers levelled up to move towards the optimal nutrient intakes to ensure they were getting all the essential nutrients they required without excessive calories.
To help them on their journey, optimisers received:
- A 100-page Masterclass Nutritional Optimisation Manual,
- An electronic Masterclass Workbook to record progress and self-reflections,
- A Smart Macros Spreadsheet which provides personalised guidance based on changes in body weight, body fat and blood sugars each week,
- Access to the Nutrient Optimiser Platform which gave them personalised food recommendations that aligned with their goals, symptoms, conditions and prioritised the nutrients that they were finding harder to obtain from their diet, and
- Access to a private Facebook Group where they could ask questions and tune into weekly interactive Facebook Lives.
The masterclass content was drip-fed with daily emails and Facebook posts which stepped Optimisers through the program in bite-sized chunks.
Enough, with the background. Let’s get to the results.
While the primary goal of the masterclass was to help people dial in their micronutrients, many people enjoyed using the Smart Macros spreadsheet to dial in their macronutrients to achieve weight loss and saw some great results!
You also have a much better chance of optimising your micronutrients if your macronutrients are in the right ballpark.
Optimisers were able to choose their own target rate of weight loss and fat loss and then refined their diet to keep up with their target rate of weight loss.
Sam managed to lose a fantastic 11.5 kg (or 25 lbs) over the six weeks at a rate of 2.0% per week!
Tammy lost 8.1 kg (or 18 lbs) at a rate of 1.6% per week.
And Tony lost 9.5 kg (or 21 lbs) at a rate of 1.6% per week.
Even more important than weight loss is fat loss. Tracking body fat enables us to dial in our macronutrients to ensure we are getting adequate protein to prevent excessive loss of muscle and lean body mass.
Again, Sam lost an impressive 8.2% of his body fat (i.e. 8.4 kg)!
Tammy lost 7.6% or of her body fat during the six weeks (or 8.4 kg).
And Tony lost 7.2 kg of body fat!
Blood sugar management is an integral part of the masterclass. Your blood sugar is an excellent ‘fuel gauge’ to tell you whether you need more food right now, particularly for carbohydrates.
If their blood sugars were above optimal levels, the Smart Macros algorithm provided guidance on food choices, adjusting their carbohydrate intake and modifying their eating window to help bring them towards more optimal levels.
Once people lower their blood sugars, satiety kicks in (i.e. less blood sugar swings and feeling “hangry”). Fat loss follows once they can drain the excess sugar from their bloodstream.
Once their blood sugars stabilised, optimisers could move on to focus on a wider range of nutrient-dense foods.
Goran’s fasting blood sugar decreased from 6.5 mmol/L (or 116 mg/dL) to 3.6 mmol/L (65 mg/dL). Most of this movement occurred in the first two weeks as he followed the guidance of the Smart Macros and the foods and meals recommended by the Nutrient Optimiser.
Similarly, Sam’s blood sugar quickly stabilised to super healthy levels as he lost weight.
But the secret sauce of the masterclass is not simply macros or restricting calories, but rather the focus on nutrient density and satiety that leads to a sustainable optimisation of body composition.
Improving nutrient density enables us to get more of the nutrients we need with fewer calories.
The Nutrient Optimiser guides Optimisers to prioritise foods and meals that provide more of the nutrients that they are finding harder to obtain in their current diet (i.e. the ones towards the top of the nutrient fingerprint chart).
Camilla was pleasantly surprised that she was able to lose a further 7 kg after already losing 65kg from her heaviest weight. This allowed her to qualify for her weight division for her first powerlifting meet the day after masterclass finished and set a new personal best deadlift of 85 kg! Congratulations Camilla!
Want to be part of the next masterclass?
After a few weeks, we had people asking when the next masterclass was so they could do it all again.
While we want to give people the skills and build habits to enable them to thrive in the real world, there is a lot of information to learn and implement and people seem to love taking the journey in a supportive community learning environment.
So, if you’re interested, you can join in the next Six Week Nutritional Optimisation Masterclass which will be commencing 21 March 2020. Due to the intensive and personalised nature of the class, spaces will be strictly limited.
Make sure you sign up here ASAP before spaces run out! We can’t wait to see what will happen on your journey towards nutritional optimisation!