This coleslaw can be used as a side dish or a vegetarian main.
The sunflower seeds provide B1, B6, folate, copper, magnesium and manganese while the yogurt provides calcium and phosphorus. The carrots boost vitamin A and the cabbage lifts vitamins C and K.
One serve provides 260 calories, 7 g protein, 21 g fat and 10 g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 200 g cabbage white, red or savoy, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 35 g pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- A handful of chopped mint or parsley
- 100 g Greek plain unsweetened yogurt (for dairy-free use mayonnaise but adjust the macros)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (omit if using mayonnaise)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar, lemon or lime juice
- 1 tsp mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Take a small bowl and mix all the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Mix salad ingredients in a larger serving bowl.
- Before you want to eat, pour the dressing on and toss well, making sure all the salad is coated in the dressing.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.