This recipe packs a hefty nutrient punch and provides a ton of satiety with just a few calories! It was one of Angela Gourlay’s amazing creations that helped her to tie for first place in the Nutrient Density Challenge. Angela says:
Fish and vegetable dinners are a staple during the week for me. We buy cod fresh from our local fish store, it’s easy to prepare and quick to cook even on workdays.
One 277 calorie serving of this recipe provides 37g of protein, 3g of fat and 19g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 45 g red bell peppers
- 1.50 cup chard
- 1 cup asparagus
- 100 g cod
- 100 g spinach
- 3 tsp hot chilli sauce, sriracha
- 1 cup dill pickles
- 3 g parsley
- Rinse and chop your pickles, parsley, peppers, chard and spinach. Set the pickles aside.
- Prepare the cod with your favourite seasonings. I like to bake my fish on very high heat in an ovenproof dish, 400F works really well with salt, pepper and lemon slices.
- In a skillet, add your chopped red bell peppers and sautÃ© until they are starting to soften.
- While the peppers are cooking, steam the asparagus and then chop into bite-size pieces.
- Add in your chopped spinach and chard with the peppers in your skillet and saute them until wilted.
- Add your asparagus to the pan and mix together.
- Check that your fish is done. Plate your veggies and fish.
- Top the fish with the chopped parsley and a dollop of sriracha sauce.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
- maximum nutrient density
- fat loss
- blood sugar & fat loss
- low carb & blood sugar
- athletes & bulking
- high protein:energy
- egg free
How Can I Calculate My Nutrient Intake?
If you’re interested in checking if you’re getting just enough dietary phosphorus, you can check your nutrient profile using our Free 7-Day Nutrient Clarity Challenge.
After a few days of tracking your current diet in Cronometer, Nutrient Optimiser will give you a prioritised list of foods and NutriBooster recipes that will help you plug your current nutritional gaps.