These chicken kebabs make high-satiety fat loss foods fun – you might forget you are on a diet.
The veggies with a little coconut cream boost vitamins A and C and round out the taste and texture profile.
One serve provides 386 calories, 63 g protein, 11 g fat, 3.5 g of net carbs and P:E = 4.3.
- 800 g (28 oz) chicken breasts or thighs, cut into chunks
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 tsp sweet paprika more to taste
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ginger minced or finely diced
- A pinch of pink Himalayan salt more to taste
- A pinch of black pepper (optional)
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Add the chicken pieces and toss so all coated. Let sit for 1 hour or overnight.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers, and for every two pieces of chicken, alternate a piece of zucchini or red pepper.
- Heat oven to 200°C/392°F (grill). Grill for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked, turning every 5 minutes.
- Alternatively, BBQ on medium heat for about 15 minutes, turning regularly.
- Or use a flat sandwich press which takes approx. 6 minutes.
- Always check the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with your choice of greens or slaw.