This is a great keto dessert for dinner parties. Make just before your guests arrive and serve at room temperature so the mousse is gooey and melts in your mouth. A dash of alcohol adds a nice kick (omit if serving to kids).
One serve provides 165 calories, 14 g protein, 9 g fat and 4 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 120 g 90% dark chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp xylitol (optional)
- 1 tbsp vodka (optional)
- Serve with whipped cream and fresh berries.
- Break the chocolate up and place in a heatproof bowl.
- Bring about an inch of water to a simmer in a saucepan. Set the heat-proof bowl over the saucepan, ensuring the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Stir chocolate occasionally as it softens. Remove bowl from heat as soon as its melted to avoid overheating and the fat separating, allow to cool so you don’t scramble the egg yolks when you combine.
- Separate the whites and yolks into two bowls.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff.
- Gently mix the yolks and the melted chocolate.
- Add the alcohol to the chocolate mixture (if using).
- Fold the stiff egg whites, a few spoonfuls at a time, into chocolate mixture until incorporated.
- Pour evenly into the glasses you wish to serve the mousse in.
- Keep at room temperature until ready to serve.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.