This is a great keto dessert for dinner parties. Make just before your guests arrive and serve at room temperature so the mousse is gooey and melts in your mouth. A dash of alcohol adds a nice kick (omit if serving to kids).
One serve provides 165 calories, 14 g protein, 9 g fat and 4 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 120 g (4.3 oz) 90% dark chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp xylitol (optional)
- 1 tbsp vodka (optional)
- Serve with whipped cream and fresh berries.
- Break the chocolate up and place in a heatproof bowl.
- Bring about an inch of water to a simmer in a saucepan. Set the heat-proof bowl over the saucepan, ensuring the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Stir chocolate occasionally as it softens. Remove bowl from heat as soon as it has melted to avoid overheating and the fat separating, allow to cool so you don’t scramble the egg yolks when you combine.
- Separate the whites and yolks into two bowls.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff.
- Gently mix the yolks and the melted chocolate.
- Add the alcohol to the chocolate mixture (if using).
- Fold the stiff egg whites, a few spoonfuls at a time, into chocolate mixture until incorporated.
- Pour evenly into the glasses you wish to serve the mousse in.
- Keep at room temperature until ready to serve.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.