Chinese Prawn & Cabbage Stir fry
This simple stir fry will give you a nice burst of flavour and nutrients that will keep you feeling satisfied through the day.
The prawns in this recipe provide most of the energy and the protein along with vitamins B3, B5, B6 and B12 as well as folate, choline, copper, phosphorus, potassium, selenium and zinc. Cabbage provides vitamins C and K while the other ingredients round out the taste and nutrient profile.
One serve provides 290 calories, 52 g protein, 5 g fat, 8 g of net carbs and a protein:energy ratio of 6.8
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 tsp coconut oil for frying
- 1 knob of ginger, peeled and finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 200 g prawns, shells peeled
- 1/2 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- 120 g cabbage, sliced
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- A few springs of coriander
- In a large fry pan, heat coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Add ginger, garlic and spring onion, toss in the oil.
- Add prawns, sprinkle with five spice and cook for about a minute and a half on each side, until the prawns turn pink and translucent.
- Stir in sriracha to coat the prawns.
- Add the cabbage and tamari, cook for about 3 minutes, stirring to move the cabbage around the pan.
- Sprinkle with cilantro as a garnish, plate and serve.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.