Chicken skewers on vegetables
These chicken skewers are insanely delicious, quick to prepare and adaptable to suit your favourite veggies. This family-friendly recipe will be an instant favourite!
The succulent chicken provides your required dose of protein along with zinc, phosphorus, selenium, choline, B2, B3, B5, B6 and B12 while the green beans and broccoli boost your magnesium, vitamin K, A and folate, while the mushrooms help out with the copper and B5.
One serve provides 363 calories, 45 g protein, 13 g fat and 12 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 2 chicken thighs, skin removed, cut into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp ginger root, diced very small or grated
- 50 g zucchini, sliced
- Combine crushed garlic and tamari sauce in a bowl.
- Add chicken and toss until coated. Marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Pre-heat oven 180°C/360°F. Thread chicken onto skewers and place in roast tray, bake for 30 minutes, turning after 15 minutes. Reserve any cooking juices at the end.
- Check chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Five minutes before the chicken is fully cooked, heat a frypan on medium-high heat and melt the coconut oil.
- Add ginger and stir for 10 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir for a few minutes or until lightly cooked but still crunchy.
- Add reserved cooking juices from the chicken to the pan and fry for 30 seconds to create a sauce.
- Serve skewers on a bed of vegetables, pour over the sauce.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.