Chicken livers wrapped in bacon
Bacon-wrapped chicken livers make a perfect appetiser for anyone wanting to level up their nutrient density with a luscious bacon taste.
Livers are a great source of lean protein along with vitamin A, B2, B5, B12, choline, folate, iron, phosphorus and selenium. Bacon fills in some additional potassium and B1.
Serve on a bed of lettuce or spinach to fill in the vitamin C, K, calcium, magnesium and potassium.
One serve provides 220 calories, 24 g protein, 12 g fat and 1 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 6 fresh chicken livers (260 g), halved
- 6 slices bacon or prosciutto (180 g), cut in half
- A handful of shredded lettuce
- Preheat grill.
- Wrap bacon or prosciutto around each piece and fasten with a toothpick.
- Place on a baking tray.
- Grill for 5 – 7 minutes, then turn pieces and cook a further 5 – 7 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly.
- Serve on a bed of shredded lettuce.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.