The eggs in this recipe boost the choline, calcium and omega 3. The spinach rounds out the nutrient profile with manganese, magnesium, vitamin K1 and potassium, which aren’t as plentiful in the liver.
One serving of this recipe provides 423 calories, 43 g of protein, 20 g of fat, 12 g of net carbs and P:E = 1.3.
- 100 g chicken liver
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 rasher of bacon
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sumac
- 50 g spinach & watercress mix
- Heat a frypan to medium heat.
- Add the bacon, onions, garlic and chilli powder, cook for a few minutes until soft, and push them to the side.
- Add the liver and cook for a few minutes until brown, then turn and cook the next side for a few minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and stir so the onion mixture and liver are coated.
- Make wells for the eggs and crack into the wells, place the lid on the pan and cook until the whites are cooked.
- If you like cooked yolks, then cook longer.
- Serve on a bed of greens and sprinkle with sumac.