Chicken Liver & Eggs & Greens
Not everyone loves organ meats but live provides a massive amount of B vitamins, vitamin A, copper, iron, selenium and zinc. It is also super satiating with lots of protein. The eggs in this recipe boost the choline, calcium and a bit of omega 3. The spinach rounds out the nutrient profile with manganese, magnesium, vitamin K and potassium which aren’t as plentiful in the liver.
One serving of this recipe provides 423 calories, 43 g of protein, 20 g of fat and 12 g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
|Bacon, Pork||1||slice – 6″ long|
- Heat a frypan to medium heat.
- Add the bacon, onions and garlic, cook for a few minutes until soft, push them to the side.
- Add the liver and cook for a few minutes until brown then turn and cook the next side for a few minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and stir so onion mixture and liver are all coated.
- Make wells for the eggs and crack into the wells, place lid on the pan and cook until the whites are cooked. If you like cooked yolks, then cook longer.
- Sprinkle with chopped basil or parsley.
- Saskia Lesser
- maximum nutrient density
- blood sugar & fat loss
- low carb & diabetes
- athlete & bulking
The ranking of this recipe is shown below. Click the links to see the highest-ranking recipes for each goal.