A fajita is a marinated strip of meat, grilled or broiled and often served with a tortilla with savoury fillings.
This version omits the tortilla to cut the carbs and maximise bioavailable protein for satiety and a higher nutrient density for a simple, quick and satisfying meal.
One serve provides 480 calories, 68 g protein, 16 g fat, 8 g of net carbs and P:E = 2.8.
- A scant amount of your preferred fat
- 200 g (7 oz) chicken breast
- 4 thin slices of onion
- 100 g (3.5 oz) bell peppers (any colour mix, use red peppers for AIP)
- 1 egg, fried
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan to medium/high heat.
- Add the fat; once melted, add the chicken. Fry for 5 minutes, then turn. Fry a further 3 minutes.
- Add the onion and peppers and stir. Cook until soft, approx. 5 minutes.
- Top with a fried egg.
- Tip: if you want to save on washing up, make a well in the chicken mixture and fry the egg in the same pan.
- Salt and pepper to taste.