This fun drumstick and slaw recipe is a great way to balance your protein with vitamins and minerals. The chicken keeps the protein to energy ratio high for a satisfying meal while adding phosphorus, B3, B5, B6 and choline. The slaw provides potassium, manganese, copper, calcium, vitamin A and folate. The sunflower seeds boost the magnesium and the parsley adds iron, vitamin K and vitamin C.
One serve provides 380 calories, 43 g protein, 17 g fat, 12 g of net carbs and P:E = 1.5.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 2 medium (120 g approx.) chicken drumsticks
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 100 g cabbage or Brussels sprouts, chopped finely
- 50 g radish, sliced or chopped
- 10 g parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Place chicken on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn and bake a further 20 minutes.
- Pour on the tamari sauce and add the garlic, turn the chicken to coat in sauce and garlic.
- Turn up heat to 200°C/400° F (fan bake).
- Return chicken to oven for a further 5 minutes each side or until golden and crispy.
- In the meantime, chop all your vegetables and toss together in the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
- maximum nutrient density
- fat loss
- blood sugar & fat loss
- low carb & blood sugar
- athletes & bulking
- nutrient-dense meat
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.