Chicken drumsticks & slaw
This light and fun drumstick and slaw recipe is a great way to balance your protein with your vitamins and minerals. The chicken keeps the protein:energy ratio high for a highly satisfying meal along with phosphorus, B3, B5, B6 and choline. The chicory provides potassium, manganese, copper, calcium, vitamin A, folate while the pumpkin seeds boost the magnesium and the parsley adds iron, vitamin K and C.
This recipe provides 500 calories, 57 g of protein, 22 g of fat and 12 g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 2 medium chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons tamari sauce
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 100g cabbage or Brussels sprouts, chopped finely
- 50g radish, sliced or chopped
- 10g parsley
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 180° C / 360° F.
- Place chicken on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn and bake a further 20 minutes.
- Pour on the Tamari sauce and add the garlic, turn the chicken so all coated in sauce and garlic.
- Turn up the heat to 200c fan bake.
- Return chicken to the oven for a further 10 minutes each side or until golden and crispy.
- In the meantime chop all your vegetables and toss together in the lemon juice, Salt & pepper.
- Nutrient-dense maintenance
- Maximum nutrient density
- Blood sugar & fat loss
- Athlete & bulking
The ranking of this recipe is shown below. Click the links to see the highest-ranking recipes for each goal.