This fun drumstick and slaw recipe is a great way to balance your protein with vitamins and minerals. The chicken keeps the protein to energy ratio high for a satisfying meal while adding phosphorus, B3, B5, B6 and choline.
The slaw provides potassium, manganese, copper, calcium, vitamin A and folate.
The sunflower seeds boost the magnesium and the parsley adds iron, vitamin K1 and vitamin C.
One serve provides 380 calories, 43 g protein, 17 g fat, 12 g of net carbs and P:E = 1.5.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 2 medium (120 g approx.) chicken drumsticks
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 100 g cabbage or Brussels sprouts, chopped finely
- 50 g radish, sliced or chopped
- 10 g parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Place chicken on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn and bake a further 20 minutes.
- Pour on the tamari sauce and add the garlic, turn the chicken to coat in sauce and garlic.
- Turn up heat to 200°C/400° F (fan bake).
- Return chicken to oven for a further 5 minutes each side or until golden and crispy.
- In the meantime, chop all your vegetables and toss together in the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
- maximum nutrient density
- fat loss
- blood sugar & fat loss
- low carb & blood sugar
- athletes & bulking
- nutrient-dense meat
How Can I Calculate My Nutrient Intake?
If you’re interested in checking if you’re getting just enough dietary phosphorus, you can check your nutrient profile using our Free 7-Day Nutrient Clarity Challenge.
Level Up Your Nutrient Density
To help you level up your nutrient density, we’ve prepared a Nutritional Optimisation Starter Pack to ensure you are getting plenty of all the essential nutrients from the food you eat every day.
The free starter pack includes:
- Maximum Nutrient Density Food List
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Recipe Book
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Meal Plan.
To get started today, all you have to do is join our new Optimising Nutrition Group here.
Once you join, you will find the Nutritional Optimisation starter pack in the discovery section here.