This simple chicken and avocado recipe makes a tasty low carb meal with a high protein to energy ratio to help you feel full with fewer calories while providing a full complement of essential nutrients.
The avocado provides most of the energy along with potassium, folate, B5 and copper. The chicken boosts the protein, choline and zinc while the generous helping of spinach and kale boost vitamin A, C and K.
One serve provides 523 calories, 31 g protein, 27 g fat and 3 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 2 chicken thighs (200 g)
- 1/4 avocado, sliced (50 g)
- 1 tsp each pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp mayonnaise
- 100 g baby kale and baby spinach
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Put chicken thigh in a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes each side.
- Once chicken is cooked, place salad leaves in a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with the seeds, add the sliced avocado.
- Slice cooked chicken and place on the salad.
- Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and top with a dollop of mayonnaise.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.