This simple chicken and avocado recipe makes a tasty low carb meal with a high protein to energy ratio to help you feel full with fewer calories while providing a full complement of essential nutrients.
The avocado provides most of the energy along with potassium, folate, B5 and copper. The chicken boosts the protein, choline and zinc while the generous helping of spinach and kale boost vitamin A, C and K.
One serve provides 523 calories, 31 g protein, 27 g fat, 3 g of net carbs and P:E = 1.8.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 2 chicken thighs (200 g)
- 1/4 avocado, sliced (50 g)
- 1 tsp each pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp mayonnaise
- 100 g baby kale and baby spinach
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Put chicken thigh in a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes each side.
- Once chicken is cooked, place salad leaves in a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with the seeds, add the sliced avocado.
- Slice cooked chicken and place on the salad.
- Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and top with a dollop of mayonnaise.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
- maximum nutrient density
- fat loss
- blood sugar & fat loss
- low carb & blood sugar
- athletes & bulking
- nutrient-dense meat
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.