Chicken and seafood stir fry
This tasty stirfry from Brishti provides plenty of protein from the chicken and seafood along with a hefty dose of vitamin B3, B5, B6, A, K, choline, folate, copper, phosphorus and potassium. The avocado also adds a little bit of extra energy to support recovery from your workouts.
The ingredients listed below makes enough for two servings. One serving provides 580 calories, 87 g of protein, 19 grams of fat and 7 g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
Preparing the meat
- Rinse and chop the chicken thighs in 4 quarters/pieces. In a bowl add a sprinkle of (spices: half a teaspoon or according to personal taste. Could leave it plain or use other preferred spices) ginger, onion, garlic, paprika, garam masala, cumin and salt to taste over the chicken and then mix in thoroughly.
- To cook chicken in the oven, spread spice mixed chicken pieces on an oven tray lined with baking paper. You could add a bit of coconut or olive oil to grease the baking paper, optional. Cook in 200-degree Celsius for 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken loses its pink. When done, take it out to add to veggies later.
- To cook chicken in a pan, add water up to the level of the spiced chicken mix or a tiny bit higher. Cook it between medium and high heat and add water if needed until chicken is cooked. Put aside to add to veggies later.
- Rinse and chop salmon piece/pieces in bite-size portion. Rinse squid rings. Add a sprinkle of salt, garlic and turmeric over salmon and squid and mix in thoroughly. Cook in a preheated oven of 190-200 degree Celsius and in a grill between medium and high heat for 7 to no more than 9 minutes. Or you could cook it until you feel it’s cooked. When done, put it aside to add to veggies later.
- After all the meat is prepared and taken out, you can bring the oven heat to 100-degree Celsius, turn the oven off and keep the chicken and seafood in there so they don’t lose their heat.
Preparing the veggies (thorough option)
- Rinse and chop Brussels sprout in half or quarters. Rinse and (can if you choose) chop the bottom part of the broccoli raab in smaller pieces. Rinse spinach leaves and put aside.
- Add a teaspoon of coconut or olive oil to stir fry pan.
- Add Brussels sprout and broccoli raab to pan with a sprinkle of salt to taste (I also sprinkle a bit of water and cover if I want the veg a bit softer). Cook it until cooked, but bit crunchy also. When you feel Brussels sprout and broccoli raab is cooked, add spinach leaves and only cook till they wilt.
- Add cooked chicken, salmon pieces and squid to veggie stir fry. Give a few stirs.
- Turn stove off and serve.
After a busy day if you want a quick stir fry
- Cook spiced chicken mix in a pan around 25 to 30 minutes in medium heat.
- Make sure there is enough moisture in chicken to cook veg and seafood. A little bit of moisture around the bottom of the pan is enough usually or you can add a bit if needed. Add Brussels sprout, broccoli raab, spinach leaves, salmon and squid to chicken. Stir only a couple of times to mix in veg, salmon, squid ring with chicken. Cook for around 7 to 8 minutes, cover if needed. (*have to keep an eye on the squid rings with this method, we want it to turn white from off white colour, but not chewy)
- When done, turn the stove off and serve.
- maximum nutrient density
- fat loss
- blood sugar & fat loss
- low carb & diabetes
- athletes and bulking
- Brishti Roy
Click the links to see the highest-ranking recipes for each goal.