Have you been missing that taco shell crunch on your low carb or keto diet? Well, have no fear! This cheese taco will bring back the crunch into your life.
While this version uses avocado, you can mix and match your favourite ingredients.
The melted cheddar cheese in this recipe provides the majority of the energy along with some protein, phosphorous and heaps of calcium. Eggs bring the choline. Avocado adds some vitamin B5, folate, copper and potassium.
One serve provides 355 calories, 18 g protein, 29 g fat, 4 g of net carbs and P:E = 0.5.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 50 g cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- Quarter an avocado, sliced
- 1 small lettuce leave, shredded
- A dollop of sriracha sauce
- Heat a small fry pan to medium heat.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese, so it covers the pan, gaps are okay because as the cheese melts the gaps will fill up.
- Pour over the egg and fry for a few minutes until bottom side is starting to become golden.
- Add the avocado to one half and dollop some sriracha sauce.
- Fold the empty half over the filled half and slide onto a plate.
- Fold the empty half over the filled half and slide onto a plate. As the cheese cools, it will harden hard and become crispy. You should be able to eat with your fingers, and it holds its shape.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.