Ceviche is a South American seafood dish that originated in Peru, made from fresh raw fish cured in fresh citrus juices and spiced chilli peppers.
This ceviche recipe is incredibly nutritious and will provide maximum satiety and all the nutrients you need with the least calories.
The fresh snapper provides a massive hit of protein along with omega 3, vitamins B5, B6, B12, D and E, choline, potassium and selenium. The greens (asparagus, broccoli, rocket and celery) boost folate, vitamins A and K1 along with a broad range of minerals and avocado oil provides a luxurious texture and taste.
Use fresh fish from a trusted source or reputable fishmonger. Since the citric acid will not kill any bacteria the way heat does, it is very important you use fresh, parasite-free fish!
One serve provides 400 calories, 60 g protein, 12 g fat, 10 g of net carbs and P:E = 2.7.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 400 g (14.11 oz) fresh white fish, cut into cubes
- 1 stick of celery, diced
- 100 g (3.5 oz) yellow pepper, diced
- 4 anchovies (chopped)
- 2 tsp capers
- 1 jalapeno, diced (optional)
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 20 g (0.7 oz) red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Half tsp salt
- 80 g (2.8 oz) rocket or preferred greens
- 200 g (7 oz) asparagus, steamed
- Ground black pepper to taste (optional)
- Mix the marinade ingredients together in a bowl.
- Thirty minutes before serving, add the cubed fish into the marinade, toss so well coated. Place in the fish in the refrigerate while the lemon acid gently ‘cooks’ the fish.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients through the fish and serve on a bed of rocket and asparagus. Add ground pepper to taste if using.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
- fat loss
- maximum nutrient density
- high protein:energy ratio
- egg & dairy-free
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.