Soup is a great way to get your veggies while filling you up with bulky, fibrous, nutrient-dense foods while keeping calories down.
Cauliflower provides vitamin B5, B6, choline, vitamin C, phosphorus and potassium, while spinach fills in the B2, folate, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, copper, iron, magnesium and manganese. Nutritional yeast will boost B12 as well as round out the taste.
One serve provides 139 calories, 11 g protein, 3 g fat, 12 g of net carbs and P:E = 0.7.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 500 g spinach, defrosted from frozen
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 large stick of celery, chopped
- 3 small carrots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 2 tsp salt
- 20 g nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Place ingredients (except spinach) in a pot.
- Cover and simmer for 60 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- In a food processor, blend soup and spinach to desired consistency.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Follow the links below for more recipes to suit your goals.
- maximum nutrient density
- fat loss
- dairy free
- egg free
- gluten free
- plant based vegan
- dairy free
How Can I Calculate My Nutrient Intake?
If you’re interested in checking if you’re getting just enough dietary phosphorus, you can check your nutrient profile using our Free 7-Day Nutrient Clarity Challenge.
Level Up Your Nutrient Density
To help you level up your nutrient density, we’ve prepared a Nutritional Optimisation Starter Pack to ensure you are getting plenty of all the essential nutrients from the food you eat every day.
The free starter pack includes:
- Maximum Nutrient Density Food List
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Recipe Book
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Meal Plan.
To get started today, all you have to do is join our new Optimising Nutrition Group here.
Once you join, you will find the Nutritional Optimisation starter pack in the discovery section here.