Butternut, Red Onion & Watercress Salad
This simple low carb salad is full of taste and nutrients. The tahini provides a middle eastern twist along with calcium, copper and B1, while the squash adds vitamin A, C and potassium.
One serve provides 390 calories, 9 g protein, 30 g fat and 21 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 300 g butternut squash, chopped in 3 cm chunks, skin on
- 1 small red onion, quartered
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 60 g watercress
- 1 tsp dukkah
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Place butternut squash, olive oil, salt and pepper in a baking tray, toss so butternut is coated in oil, bake for 20 minutes.
- Break up the onion quarters a little and add them to the baking tray. Stir amongst the butternut and bake a further 15 minutes.
- Add pine nuts to the baking tray and stir them amongst the butternut and onions, bake a further 5 minutes.
- Place watercress on the serving plates, top with the baked butternut, onions and pine nuts.
- In a small bowl mix the dressing ingredients and dollop on the salad.
- Sprinkle with dukkah and lemon zest.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.