Blackened Fish Stir Fry
This fish and greens recipe is super nutritious and can be a tasty addition to your fat loss journey, providing maximum satiety for less hunger with fewer calories.
Snapper provides heaps of bioavailable protein, omega 3, along with potassium, selenium and vitamins B5, B6, B12 D and E. Meanwhile, the veggies fill in the vitamin and mineral profile (particularly folate, A, C and K1) to ensure you crush your nutrient cravings.
For even more nutrient density, you could add mushrooms when you cook the greens.
One serve provides 330 calories, 60 g protein, 4 g fat and 8 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 2 skinless fillets white fish (approx. 400 g/14 oz)
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce (gluten-free)
- A scant amount of coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small red chilli, sliced
- 1 thumb of fresh ginger, peeled and diced
- Half a small red onion, roughly chopped
- 100 g (4.4 oz) asparagus, cut 3 cm, woody ends removed
- 2 heads of bok choy, chopped
- 4 tbsp tamari sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/356°F (bake).
- Place the fish in aluminium foil on a baking tray, and spread on the oyster sauce.
- Wrap the foil and close at the top to make a bag around the fish. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the fish is baking, heat a frying pan to medium/high heat.
- Add a scant amount of coconut oil, crushed garlic, chilli, ginger and red onion. sauté until soft.
- Add the asparagus and bok choy. Pour on the tamari sauce, and toss so all coated. Fry for 2 minutes stirring regularly.
- Turn off the heat, add the baked fish to the bed of stir-fried greens.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
- fat loss
- maximum nutrient density
- blood sugar & fat loss
- high protein:energy ratio
- nutritional keto
- egg & dairy-free
- cancer (weight loss & nutrient density)
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.