Our fish and greens recipe is a super nutritious, tasty dish that can accompany you on your fat loss journey. This recipe provides maximum satiety at the expense of relatively few calories.
Snapper is usually our white fish of choice for this meal, and it provides heaps of bioavailable protein, omega-3 fatty acids, potassium, calcium, iodine, selenium, and vitamins B5, B6, B12, D and E. Other white fishes like cod are other excellent choices.
Meanwhile, the asparagus and bok choy supply adequate amounts of folate, magnesium, and vitamins A, C and K1 to ensure you crush your nutrient cravings. Similarly, ginger and onion generously boost your intake of vitamin C.
Coconut oil provides fatty acids that help absorb fat-soluble nutrients like vitamins A and K.
You could add mushrooms when cooking the greens for even more nutrient density.
One serve provides 330 calories, 60 g protein, 4 g fat, 8 g of net carbs and P:E = 5.0.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 2 skinless fillets white fish (approx. 400 g/14 oz)
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce (gluten-free)
- A scant amount of coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small red chilli, sliced
- 1 thumb of fresh ginger, peeled and diced
- Half a small red onion, roughly chopped
- 100 g (4.4 oz) asparagus, cut 3 cm, woody ends removed
- 2 heads of bok choy, chopped
- 4 tbsp tamari sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/356°F (bake).
- Place the fish in aluminium foil on a baking tray, and spread on the oyster sauce.
- Wrap the foil and close at the top to make a bag around the fish. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the fish is baking, heat a frying pan to medium/high heat.
- Add a scant amount of coconut oil, crushed garlic, chilli, ginger and red onion. sautÃ© until soft.
- Add the asparagus and bok choy. Pour on the tamari sauce, and toss so all coated. Fry for 2 minutes stirring regularly.
- Turn off the heat, add the baked fish to the bed of stir-fried greens.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
- fat loss
- maximum nutrient density
- blood sugar & fat loss
- high protein:energy ratio
- nutritional keto
- egg & dairy-free
- cancer (weight loss & nutrient density)
How Can I Calculate My Nutrient Intake?
If you’re interested in checking if you’re getting just enough dietary phosphorus, you can check your nutrient profile using our Free 7-Day Nutrient Clarity Challenge.
Level Up Your Nutrient Density
To help you level up your nutrient density, we’ve prepared a Nutritional Optimisation Starter Pack to ensure you are getting plenty of all the essential nutrients from the food you eat every day.
The free starter pack includes:
- Maximum Nutrient Density Food List
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Recipe Book
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Meal Plan.
To get started today, all you have to do is join our new Optimising Nutrition Group here.
Once you join, you will find the Nutritional Optimisation starter pack in the discovery section here.