This healthy and easy to make salad is a palate pleaser that will keep you coming back for more.
The black beans in this recipe provide a substantial amount of folate, choline and phosphorus while the avocado contains potassium, copper and vitamin B5 and a solid amount of monounsaturated fat.
A little bit of watercress provides a generous helping of vitamin A, C and K1 while the almonds boost the copper, magnesium and manganese.
One serve provides 540 calories, 15 g protein, 39 g fat, 20 g of net carbs and P:E = 0.3.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 50 g watercress
- 1/2 cup tinned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tomato (approx 100g), diced
- 15 almonds, whole (dry toasted optional)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Half an avocado, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Place watercress on a plate.
- In a small bowl mix together the black beans, tomatoes, almonds and olive oil.
- Place this mixture over the watercress.
- Top with sliced avocado.
- Sprinkle over salt and pepper to taste.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
- blood sugar & fat loss
- athletes & bulking
- low carb vegetarian
- plant based
- dairy free
- egg free
- gluten free
How Can I Calculate My Nutrient Intake?
If you’re interested in checking if you’re getting just enough dietary phosphorus, you can check your nutrient profile using our Free 7-Day Nutrient Clarity Challenge.
Level Up Your Nutrient Density
To help you level up your nutrient density, we’ve prepared a Nutritional Optimisation Starter Pack to ensure you are getting plenty of all the essential nutrients from the food you eat every day.
The free starter pack includes:
- Maximum Nutrient Density Food List
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Recipe Book
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Meal Plan.
To get started today, all you have to do is join our new Optimising Nutrition Group here.
Once you join, you will find the Nutritional Optimisation starter pack in the discovery section here.