This healthy and easy to make salad is a palate pleaser that will keep you coming back for more.
The black beans in this recipe provide a substantial amount of folate, choline and phosphorus while the avocado contains potassium, copper and vitamin B5 and a solid amount of monounsaturated fat.
A little bit of watercress provides a generous helping of vitamin A, C and K1 while the almonds boost the copper, magnesium and manganese.
One serve provides 540 calories, 15 g protein, 39 g fat and 20 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 50 g watercress
- 1/2 cup tinned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tomato (approx 100g), diced
- 15 almonds, whole (dry toasted optional)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Half an avocado, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Place watercress on a plate.
- In a small bowl mix together the black beans, tomatoes, almonds and olive oil.
- Place this mixture over the watercress.
- Top with sliced avocado.
- Sprinkle over salt and pepper to taste.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.