This high protein berry smoothie makes for a great pre (or post) workout drink to ensure you have plenty of amino acids available for muscle building and recovery.
As well as amino acids, protein powder provides vitamins B2 and B5, calcium, and choline. Sunflower seeds provide vitamin E, folate, and a range of minerals including copper, magnesium manganese and phosphorus while the berries add some sweetness and boost vitamin C.
One serve provides 250 calories, 28 g protein, 10 g fat, 9 g net carbs and P:E = 0.5.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 scoop preferred protein powder
- 25 g (0.90 oz) blackberries (frozen or fresh)
- 25 g (0.90 oz) boysenberry (frozen or fresh)
- 25 g (0.90 oz) black currant (frozen or fresh)
- 15 g (0.50 oz) sunflower seeds
- 1 cup water
- Blend all ingredients thoroughly.
- Add water to achieve desired consistency.
- Consume fresh.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
- fat loss
- blood sugar & fat loss
- high protein:energy ratio
- low carb vegetarian
- athletes & bulking
- smoothies & juices
How Can I Calculate My Nutrient Intake?
If you’re interested in checking if you’re getting just enough dietary phosphorus, you can check your nutrient profile using our Free 7-Day Nutrient Clarity Challenge.
Level Up Your Nutrient Density
To help you level up your nutrient density, we’ve prepared a Nutritional Optimisation Starter Pack to ensure you are getting plenty of all the essential nutrients from the food you eat every day.
The free starter pack includes:
- Maximum Nutrient Density Food List
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Recipe Book
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Meal Plan.