Expect requests for seconds of this quick and easy recipe made with easy-to-find ingredients. Cashews and cabbage bring a fresh crunch. The beef will give you a robust feeling of satiety while the tamari sauce adds an Asian twist.
The beef provides half the energy and the majority of the protein in this meal along with plenty of iron, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, zinc and vitamins B3, B6 and B12. The cashews provide plenty of copper. The cabbage adds vitamins C and K1. Carrots add vitamin A while the peppers and capsicum bring a whopping dose of vitamin C and B6.
One serve provides 535 calories, 67 g protein, 18 g fat, 26 g of net carbs and a protein:energy ratio of 2.4
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp ginger root, diced very small or grated
- 1 chilli pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 200 g rump steak, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 3 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 a red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 1 cup cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce
- 20 g cashew nuts, toasted
- Heat a wok to high heat with the coconut oil.
- Place onions, garlic, chilli pepper, ginger and toss around for a minute.
- Add the meat and toss about as you cook for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, red pepper, carrot, and toss for 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini and cabbage and toss.
- Add tamari and toss again for 2 more minutes.
- Plate up and top with toasted cashew nuts.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
- maximum nutrient density
- fat loss
- blood sugar & fat loss
- athletes & bulking
- high protein:energy
- dairy free
- egg free
- gluten free
How Can I Calculate My Nutrient Intake?
If you’re interested in checking if you’re getting just enough dietary phosphorus, you can check your nutrient profile using our Free 7-Day Nutrient Clarity Challenge.
Level Up Your Nutrient Density
To help you level up your nutrient density, we’ve prepared a Nutritional Optimisation Starter Pack to ensure you are getting plenty of all the essential nutrients from the food you eat every day.
The free starter pack includes:
- Maximum Nutrient Density Food List
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Recipe Book
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Meal Plan.
To get started today, all you have to do is join our new Optimising Nutrition Group here.
Once you join, you will find the Nutritional Optimisation starter pack in the discovery section here.