Bean & Tofu Salad
When it comes to plant-based proteins, tofu provides a high percentage of protein as well as good digestibility, meaning you will get more bioavailable protein into your system with fewer calories relative to other plant-based sources of protein.
The tofu in this recipe provides about half the energy and most of the protein, along with a significant amount of choline, calcium, copper, iron, manganese, phosphorus and selenium.
The green beans provide vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, C and K as well as folate and potassium while the tomato lifts the vitamin C.
One serve provides 260 calories, 16 g protein, 16 g fat and 12 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 250 g green beans, top and tailed
- 200 g tofu, cut into 2 cm cubes
- olive oil spray for frying
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 spring onions, chopped whites and greens
- 10 almonds, dry toasted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Place beans in a microwave proof bowl with lid. Add 1/4 cup of water and cook with lid on for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Drain the hot water from the beans and add cold water, let them sit in the cold water to refresh.
- Heat a fry pan to medium heat and spray with olive oil, pan fry the tofu on all sides until golden.
- Drain the water from the beans.
- In a serving bowl combine all the ingredients and toss till coated.
- Serve and enjoy!
Find more recipes to suit your goal.