When it comes to plant-based proteins, tofu provides a high percentage of protein as well as good digestibility, meaning you will get more bioavailable protein into your system with fewer calories relative to other plant-based sources of protein.
The tofu in this recipe provides about half the energy and most of the protein, along with a significant amount of choline, calcium, copper, iron, manganese, phosphorus and selenium.
The green beans provide vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, C and K as well as folate and potassium while the tomato lifts the vitamin C.
One serve provides 260 calories, 16 g protein, 16 g fat, 12 g of net carbs and P:E = 0.6.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 250 g green beans, top and tailed
- 200 g tofu, cut into 2 cm cubes
- olive oil spray for frying
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 spring onions, chopped whites and greens
- 10 almonds, dry toasted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Place beans in a microwave proof bowl with lid. Add 1/4 cup of water and cook with lid on for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Drain the hot water from the beans and add cold water, let them sit in the cold water to refresh.
- Heat a fry pan to medium heat and spray with olive oil, pan fry the tofu on all sides until golden.
- Drain the water from the beans.
- In a serving bowl combine all the ingredients and toss till coated.
- Serve and enjoy!
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.