This dish will steal the show at your next pot luck with its fresh crunchy sweetness, loaded with enough veggies to pack a flavourful punch. It works well as a tasty side or a plant-based main.
Sweet potato is a nutrient-dense carb source that provides vitamins C, B5 and B6 along with copper, manganese and potassium. Broccoli and the generous helping of parsley provide iron, folate along with vitamin A and K.
One serve provides 300 calories, 6 g protein, 15 g fat and 31 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 sweet potato (approx. 150 g)
- 400 g broccoli, finely chopped
- 80 g parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Pre-heat over to 180°C/360°F.
- Place potato in the oven on a baking tray for 1 hour.
- Combine salad ingredients and toss, set aside, leaving time for the vinegar to soften the raw broccoli a little.
- Remove the sweet potato from the oven and put on a plate.
- Use a knife to slice lengthways across the centre but not all the way through, being careful of the steam.
- Top with the salad and serve.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.