This versatile, light and super-tasty snapper and salad recipe is ideal for a high satiety summer lunch.
The snapper provides plenty of lean protein, selenium, potassium, phosphorus, choline, B5, B6, B12 and omega 3. The greens fill in the vitamin K, C, A and folate.
This recipe provides 360 calories, 45 g of protein, 15 g of fat, 8 g of net carbs and P:E = 2.0.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 150 g snapper (or favourite white fish), skin off
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 50 g rocket/arugula, washed
- 100 g asparagus, cooked (steamed 2 minutes)
- 100 g tomato, sliced
- 25 g semi sun-dried tomatoes
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C / 360°F.
- Place snapper on a baking tray with butter on top and sprinkle chilli flakes and salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, place the rocket on a plate and top with cooked asparagus, chopped tomatoes and semi sun-dried tomatoes.
- When the fish is cooked place it on top of the salad, drizzle fish juices and butter from the pan, salt & pepper if you wish.
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.