Baked Kale Chips
Baked kale chips are a great way to get that crunchy mouthfeel with heaps of B6, C, A, K, folate, copper and manganese (which you’re not going to get from a potato chip).
Rather than starch from potato or corn mixed with omega 6 seed oils, these “chips” use kale, fat from olive or coconut oil and flavour from curry powder and salt, to provide a much healthier alternative.
One serve provides 160 calories, 3 g protein, 15 g fat and 0.3 g net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 100 g (5 cups) curly kale, after big stalks removed, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp curry powder (optional)
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- Preheat an oven to 180°C/360°F (bake).
- Line oven tray with baking paper.
- With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite-sized pieces.
- Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner.
- Drizzle coconut oil or olive oil and sprinkle with curry powder and sea salt.
- Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
- low carb & blood sugar
- nutritional keto
- therapeutic keto
- low carb vegetarian
- cancer (weight loss & nutrient density)
- cancer (weight maintenance)
- cancer (weight gain)
- autoimmune paleo
- low FODMAP
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.