Baked ham and egg cups
These low carb baked ham and egg cups are the perfect on-the-go breakfast. The ham makes a cup that is stuffed full of eggs and cheese.
This tasty recipe provides heaps of vitamins B2, B12, choline, vitamin K, iron and selenium.
One serving provides 574 of calories, 59g of protein, 33g of fat and 6g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
The ingredients will make four snack-sized single eggs or one large meal.
- 100 g ham
- 150 g spinach
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 180°C.
- Lightly grease four 3/4 cup-capacity ovenproof dishes (or alternatively over cup trays).
- Line base and sides of each dish with two slices of bacon.
- Place fresh spinach in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute 30 seconds or until just wilted.
- Transfer spinach to a sieve. Using the back of a spoon, press down on spinach to drain excess liquid.
- Divide spinach between prepared dishes. Sprinkle each with 2 teaspoons parmesan.
- Gently crack 1 egg into each dish. Season with salt and pepper. Place dishes on a baking tray.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until egg white is just set.
- Remove from oven. Stand for 2 minutes before eating.
- athlete & bulking
- nutrient-dense maintenance
The ranking of this recipe is shown below. Click the links to see the highest-ranking recipes for each goal.