This nutritious chicken and spinach recipe has been designed to be succulent and tasty (with some luxurious brie and prosciutto) with a high protein:energy ratio to for high satiety with very few carbs.
The chicken breast provides half the energy and most of the protein along with vitamin B3, choline and selenium while the spinach boosts vitamins A and K.
One serve provides 515 calories, 50 g protein, 34 g fat and 1 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 large chicken breast with skin
- 30 g brie cheese, sliced
- 1 slice prosciutto ham
- 50 g spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat over to 180°C/350°F (bake).
- Place chicken breast on a baking tray skin side up.
- Gently slide your finger between the skin and the meat to create a pocket.
- Fill the pocket with the cheese and the ham.
- Season the skin with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Plate up the spinach and drizzle the olive oil, sprinkle the salt and pepper, and toss so leaves are coated.
- Place the cooked chicken on the bed of spinach and pour over any juices from the baking tray.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.