Baked avocado with ricotta
With seventy per cent of the energy from fat, this simple delicious snack is perfect for keeping blood sugars stable. It is also packed with fibre so net carbs stay low.
The avocado will give you plenty of potassium (which is often hard to find on a low carb or ketogenic diet), copper, folate, B5 and B6 while the ricotta cheese balances the flavour profile with some phosphorus and calcium.
The nutritional yeast fills in the B1, B2, B3, B6 and B12 while salt and sriracha sauce round out the taste!
One serve provides 410 calories, 9 g protein, 36 g fat and 6 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 avocado
- 3 tbsp ricotta cheese
- 5 g nutritional yeast
- Hot chilli sauce (sriracha)
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Halve avocado and scoop out the stone.
- Place ricotta cheese in the hole.
- Sprinkle nutritional yeast, salt and hot sauce.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.