With seventy per cent of the energy from fat, this simple delicious nutritious snack is perfect for keeping blood sugars stable, a keto diet or getting some extra energy to grow or fuel your activity. It is also packed with fibre so the net carbs stay low.
The avocado will give you plenty of potassium (which is often hard to find on a low carb or ketogenic diet), copper, folate, B5 and B6 while the ricotta cheese balances the flavour profile with some phosphorus and calcium.
The nutritional yeast fills in the B1, B2, B3, B6 and B12 and salt and sriracha sauce round out the taste! Bon appetite!
This recipe provides 410 calories, 9 g of protein, 36 g of fat, 6 g of net carbs and P:E = 0.2.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1 avocado
- 3 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 5g nutritional yeast
- Hot chilli sauce, sriracha
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c
- Halve the avocado and scoop out the stone.
- Place ricotta cheese in the hole
- Sprinkle nutritional yeast, sea salt and hot sauce.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.
- low carb & blood sugar
- athletes & bulking
- nutrient-dense vegetarian
- low carb vegetarian
How Can I Calculate My Nutrient Intake?
If you’re interested in checking if you’re getting just enough dietary phosphorus, you can check your nutrient profile using our Free 7-Day Nutrient Clarity Challenge.
Level Up Your Nutrient Density
To help you level up your nutrient density, we’ve prepared a Nutritional Optimisation Starter Pack to ensure you are getting plenty of all the essential nutrients from the food you eat every day.
The free starter pack includes:
- Maximum Nutrient Density Food List
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Recipe Book
- Sample Maximum Nutrient Density Meal Plan.