This simple recipe combines avocado with spinach and walnuts, along with some lemon juice to provide a nutritious meal that aligns with a range of goals.
Avocado is an excellent source of energy on a low-carb diet, providing monounsaturated fats and fibre along with vitamin B5, B6, E, K folate, copper and potassium.
The spinach adds a hefty dose of vitamins A and C along with iron, potassium and calcium while the walnuts add some omega 3, copper and manganese.
One serve provides 350 calories, 9 g protein, 28 g fat and 9 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 1.5 tbsp roughly chopped walnuts
- 50 g baby spinach leaves
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, stone removed, sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place walnuts into a small frying pan and cook over medium heat, shaking the frying pan often, for 3 – 4 minutes or until walnuts are golden and roasted, remove from heat.
- Arrange spinach and avocado on serving plates.
- Sprinkle over walnuts.
- Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Find more recipes to suit your goal.