Asparagus & Feta Salad
Perfect for lunch or a light bite, this asparagus salad has bright fresh flavours that you will love by itself or as a side.
Luxurious feta cheese brings calcium, vitamin B2, selenium and zinc while the asparagus adds heaps of vitamin A, B1, C, E and K1 along with choline, iron, copper and potassium. The lemon and mustard balance the flavour profile while the olive oil makes sure you absorb all the fat-soluble vitamins in this tasty little dish.
One serve provides 160 calories, 7 g protein, 13 g fat and 4 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 300 g (10 oz) asparagus, chopped 2 cm lengths
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, zest for garnish and juice for dressing
- 50 g (1.5 oz) feta cheese
- Bring about 3 cm of water (one inch) to the boil in a medium-sized pot.
- Add asparagus, cover and simmer 3 to 4 min or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Drain. Rinse asparagus with cold water and drain well.
- Meanwhile, mix olive oil, mustard, and lemon juice in small bowl whisk until well combined
- Place asparagus on a plate, pour on the dressing and toss.
- Top with feta and lemon zest.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
- low carb & blood sugar
- blood sugar & fat loss
- nutritional keto
- low carb vegetarian
- low oxalate
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.