Anchovy, Eggs & Tomato Salad
Anchovies lift a simple salad to add a new Mediterranean flavour profile and a super dose of omega 3, choline, and niacin.
Eggs, always a dependable staple, provide bioavailable protein, choline and vitamins B2 and B5 while the tomato and lettuce provide some fresh crunch along with vitamins A, C and K1 and a little potassium.
One serve provides 305 calories, 26 g protein, 20 g fat and 4 g of net carbs
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 40 g (1.4 oz) lettuce, mixed greens
- A drizzle of olive oil or use olive oil from the can of anchovies
- 50 g (1.75 oz) anchovies
- 2 eggs, boiled and peeled
- 4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the leaves in a salad bowl, drizzle over the oil and toss so lightly coated, top with tomatoes, eggs and anchovies.
- Salt and pepper to taste but remember the anchovies are naturally salty.
This recipe is featured in the following recipe books optimised for nutrient density. Follow the links below to find more nutrient-dense recipes optimised for YOUR goal.
If you want to take your nutrition to the next level, we’d love you to check out Nutrient Optimiser to get your free food list and more recipes optimised for your goals. We have designed Nutrient Optimiser to be the quickest and easiest way to optimise your nutrition at the micronutrient level.
You can select from our database of five hundred recipes to plan your meals for the coming week to ensure you will get the nutrients you need to thrive. Then, if you are able to track your current diet for a few days, Nutrient Optimiser will identify the foods and meals that you need to fill your macro and micronutrient gaps.