Ahi tuna is a super lean favourite of bodybuilders on a Protein Sparing Modified Fast style diet to provide plenty of protein and maximise satiety.
The asparagus complements the nutrient profile of the tuna to balances the mineral profile. The tuna provides plenty of protein, B3, B6, B12, choline, phosphorus, potassium and selenium while the asparagus will lift your copper, folate, iron, vitamin A and vitamin K.
While seafood often provides a lot of omega 3, you won’t get a lot it from the very low-fat tuna.
One serving provides 430 calories, 89 g of protein, 3 grams of fat and 3 g of net carbs.
The Cronometer screengrab below shows the nutrients provided by 2000 calories of this recipe relative to the Optimal Nutrient Intakes.
- 350 g ahi tuna
- 150 g asparagus
- 5 g garlic paste
- avocado oil spray
- Liberally salt and pepper both sides of the ahi tuna.
- Spray non-stick pan.
- Add the asparagus, sprinkle with salt and saute about 4 minutes, until crisp-tender. Remove from pan to keep warm.
- Add the tuna to the pan and sear for 2 minutes. Flip and sear 1 more minute.
- Remove from pan and let rest a few minutes. Slice thinly.
- Serve tuna over asparagus with arugula and spritzed lemon.
- Patty Garcia of Ketogenic Mexican Recipes
Find more recipes to suit your goal.