||Someone who wants to lose body fat and has good blood sugar control, i.e.:
- HbA1c < 5.4mmol/L
- fasting blood sugar < 5.0mmol/L (90mg/dL)
- average blood sugar < 5.4mmol/L (100mg/dL)
- post meal blood sugar < 6.7mmol/L (120mg/dL)
If you don’t yet have optimal blood sugar control start here.
- This weighting is balanced to prioritise high fibre, low calorie density meals with excellent levels of vitamins, minerals, and protein with a lesser emphasis on insulin load than the other scenarios.
- If you don’t have great blood sugar control then you should start here.
The highest ranking meals using these weightings are shown below. Click on the image to see more details.
Learn more about weight loss in this article. See this article for details of the basis of the ranking of the meals.
See optimal foods for weight loss here.
If you are struggling with insulin resistance or diabetes you need to reduce the insulin load of your meals to achieve normal blood glucose levels. But at the same time you also need to maximize the nutrient density of the food you eat.
After analysing more than 400 meals I have listed below the highest ranking nutrient dense low carb and keto recipes.
Click on each of the photos below to see more details for each recipe.
Be sure to subscribe to the blog and / or on Facebook to receive fornightlightly updates.
Also be sure to check out:
Check out this article for more details about basis of the ranking ranking system.